Dr. Shapoff and Dr. Wasserlauf are dental specialists who is trained to provide:
- Complete periodontal and dental examinations
- Treatment of gum infections (non-surgical)
- Treatment of bite problems and TMJ problems
- Treatment of gum recession problems
- Treatment of bone loss problems (surgical treatment)
- Placement of dental implants for missing teeth, bridges or dentures
- Laser treatment of gum problems or tooth sensitivity
- Learn more about the link between smoking and gum disease.
- Scaling and root planing
- Laser curettage of inflamed gum tissue
- Dental hygiene appointments
- Oral hygiene instruction
- Local delivery of antibiotics and antimicrobials
- Bacterial diagnostics studies
- Bite adjustment and occlusal procedures
- Appliance therapy to control harmful biting habits
- Periodontal maintenance (recall)
- Crown lengthening and other pre-prosthetic procedures
- Mucogingival (gum tissue and connective tissue) grafting procedure. Learn more.
- Bone grafting and regeneration procedures
- Osseous/Flap Surgery
- Crown lengthening
- Frenectomy and pre-orthodontic procedures
- Guided tissue bone augmentation
- Guided tissue regeneration
- Dental Implant procedures
Usually the first visit consists of a thorough periodontal examination and explanation of the conditions in your mouth. We generally schedule one hour for this visit.
If you have had recent x-rays, please contact your dentist and have these x-rays sent to our office or bring them with you for your first visit.
Some patients may have medical conditions that require antibiotics prior to periodontal examination. If you know you have a history of heart murmur, rheumatic fever, prolapsed mitral valve, heart valve or bone joint replacement, please contact our office before your first appointment so that we may contact your physician. Please be assured that if you have an emergency problem or are in discomfort this will be taken care of at that first visit.
The method of treatment for periodontal disease depends on the extent of damage and severity of the condition. Often our office can remedy the problem by non-surgical treatment of your gums; however when bone loss has occurred through disease, we may have to correct the problem surgically in order to help you arrest your disease and prevent it from recurring. These surgical procedures are office appointments and usually will not interfere with your normal routine.
Complete treatment may range from only a few office visits to 10-12 appointments over a six-month period or longer. The length of treatment time depends on the severity and how we can best correct it to prevent you from losing your teeth through this very common but devastating dental problem (periodontal disease).
Dr. Shapoff and his staff believe that your treatment can be most successful only if you become fully involved in understanding your condition. We encourage you to ask questions and read the printed literature our office has available for you.
We routinely send a consultation report to your dentist after your initial examination and upon completion of treatment.
71 Beach Road, Fairfield, CT. 06430 203-255-7771
2 Cherry Street, Milford, CT 06460 203-878-8596
© Copyright 1999-2010, Cary Shapoff D.D.S.
All Rights Reserved Worldwide.